U.S. Army Medical Department, Fort Drum NY
Skip Navigation, go to content






















External Links


Interactive Customer Evaluation

Army Knowledge Online - AKO

TriCare Online


Urgent Care Clinic


MEDDAC sends reminder on Urgent Care Clinic availability on Post

Attention, Fort Drum Community! Just a reminder, that beginning October 1, 2010, the USA MEDDAC will offer Urgent Care at Guthrie Clinic.

Soldiers and all other beneficiaries are encouraged to use the Urgent Care Clinic (UCC) – which replaces the Acute Care Clinic – for prompt treatment of minor injuries and sudden illness that cannot wait for next-available appointments with a primary care manager or for sick call.

The UCC does not replace sick call services at battalion aid stations or Conner Troop Medical Clinic.

Guthrie Clinic will provide urgent care services on a walk-in basis for eligible beneficiaries. Urgent care will be available from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, Monday through Friday and from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm on weekends and holidays.

The following lists provide symptoms and scenarios on when a person should visit the UCC or a local hospital emergency department:

When should you go to urgent care?

  • Sore throat, colds, flu and fever
  • Urinary tract infections
  • Yeast infections
  • Ear or sinus infections
  • Vomiting, diarrhea and nausea
  • Pink eye
  • Rashes / skin infections
  • Seasonal allergies
  • Insect bites
  • Minor wound care
  • Simple burns and cuts
  • Strains, sprains, aches and pains from minor trauma

When should you go to the emergency department?

  • Chest pain
  • Trouble breathing
  • Throat swelling
  • Severe, unrelenting abdominal pain
  • Excessive vomiting or diarrhea
  • Uncontrolled bleeding
  • Choking, or suspected foreign body aspiration
  • Poisoning, or accidental overdose of medicines
  • Sudden, very severe headaches
  • Sudden slurred speech or weakness of arms or legs
  • Seizures, loss of consciousness or prolonged confusion
  • Severe and/or extensive burns
  • Head or back injuries
  • Any injury after a motor vehicle accident
  • Broken bones

In summary, a good way to decide if you should go to the UCC or a hospital emergency department (ED), is to ask yourself, “Would I go to a Doctor's office for this?"
If you believe your condition is serious or life-threatening, call “911” or visit the nearest ED.

As a reminder, the UCC at Fort Drum does not offer emergency medical services.